Wednesday, November 29, 2006

9 days!!!!

Are you Sunday Bloody Sunday kidding me! 9 frickin' days late I am in purchasing the new U2 album! What the hell is this? What rock have I been living under that I didn't realize that my ultimate music icons released an album with 2 new tracks, and I wasn't even aware of it! (and shame on all of my friends who are aware of my slight obsession with this music and who failed to mention it to me!) Speaking of which, I just paused my typing to call my friend Bruno who is aware of my love for Bono and let him have it for not telling me about it- in his defense he wasn't aware of it- which really isn't quite a plausible excuse in my books.

So yes how did I come to this realization? I was driving in my lovely car, and listening to some tunes on the radio when the dj quite innocently told the listeners of said station that in the upcoming set the new single by U2 will be played. What? ... What? ... *shake of head because I could not have possibly heard this correctly* ... WHAT?????????? So I must have then pulled into wherever I was going, cuz I don't remember hearing the song.

Remembering this once I arrived at work this morning... admittedly I didn't actually remember till about 10:30 which at that point I immediately ceased whatever I was doing, typed in
U2 in my web browser and voilĂ ! There in black and white (and red) November 20- release of the compilation cd of U218- Singles, including two new tracks (one is The Saints are Coming with Green Day- not so new). So on went the coat, with debit card in tow on my way to HMV to purchase said new album (CD...whatever) . Lo and behold as soon as I walk in, there it is on the Best Sellers display, directly under the shelves dedicated to the Beatles new album (perhaps worth an entire blog entry on its own). Seriously, on the Best Sellers shelf already, and I only learned about this a mere 23 minutes prior! So then I start looking for the DVD/CD combo that I read about on U2 since surely to goodness, the $14.99 item i had in my hand did not contain a DVD as well. Since I really didn't want to spend too much time at the store (I did want to hear the new/not so new album), I asked a helpful staff person who then proceeded to do some research on her handy-dandy computer only to tell me that the CD/DVD (including 48 page booklet- not to be confused by the beautiful U2BYU2 book I hope to see Santa leaving me this year in my stocking... or under the tree) but I digress- so apparently, the combo pack thing doesn't even come out until Dec. 1st! Are you kidding??? I'm already 9 days late here, you really expect me to wait another 2 so I can pay $6 more to have a DVD and booklet? Keeping in mind that I also could have purchased the DVD already separately, which while ragging war with Bruno in dismay that he did not make me aware of all this new U2 business, he quickly found out that the DVD you can by now, U218 Videos does not contain the same videos as what's being sold together with the CD.... honestly, my Christmas and Birthday lists have just quadrupled (but as mentioned, of course I couldn't wait for the combo pack so I did simply buy the CD- and fyi: I don't have the aforementioned beautiful coffee-table book).

I'll get over it. I'm sure it will only take hearing 2 notes out of my sweet Bono's mouth for me to forget this turmoil...

Powered By Blogger