Saturday, February 10, 2007

My pumpkin niece


Oh heaven's... my niece is hilarious. I love her so much. She is mini-me. Even living in separate cities, and only seeing her a handful of times a year, she still cracks me up with how much she's like me... my mom and sister are constantly amazed by this. Since she could talk, she's been able to say "I'm not Aunt Becky! I'm Bailey".
Her name is interesting- some think it's a boy's name. Other's (most) think it's a dog's name. Other's (like me) think of the booze. A funny little story I still remember- as soon as my sister told me my niece's name, and I replied "you spell that like the drink??"...

This has come back to haunt me.

Early this afternoon, she called me. The first words out of her mouth: "Aunt Becky, remember at Christmas when you hurt my feelings?". I laughed. I'm giggling now just thinking about it. She responded to my laughter with "This is not funny. You hurt my feelings." I was gobsmacked- what on earth did I say to her that 2 months later she not only remembers, but she's calling me on it. Well she reminds me that I said to our Poppa (my grandfather, her great grandfather) that there was only one Bailey - and apparently, I was referring to the drink and not our princess. She did not like this. I of course then apologized and told her that I would not do that again. After speaking with mom apparently she randomly said this while on the way home from the grocery store and felt the need to call me.

Today's conversation was full of "Bailey-isms". Again I'm laughing now just thinking of how hilarious she actual is.
A couple more for you reading pleasure:
"Aunt Becky are you dizzy?" of course, I think this is yet another random question. I said "no". She proceeds to ask me again, and while she's asking I hear her slightly out of breath, which then makes me realize that she's spinning in circles. She said "well you should be, I'm spinning in circles and holding the phone!".
Along similar lines, she held a new type of waffle- chocolate and vanilla (again they just got back from the grocery store), I heard her in the background telling my mom that she only smelled chocolate even though there was vanilla. Her question to me: "Aunt Becky, put your nose to the top part of the phone- where you listen. Can you smell it? isn't it yummy?"

If only i could give her hugs and kisses over the phone!
Oh how she puts a smile on my face.

Powered By Blogger