Sunday, January 28, 2007

Respect is Burning

R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find out what it means to me, R-E-S... (ok now that it's stuck in your head, let me continue).

Why on earth do people take giving Respect for granted?

Respect for the time we have- and the time we don't.
Respect for friendships.
Respect for colleagues.
Respect for our hearts.
Respect for others.
Respect for intelligence.
Respect for nature.
Respect for opinions.
Respect for one's self.

I mean seriously, it takes not two seconds (ok maybe 5 for some) to think before you speak. Think of what you're saying, who you're saying it to, the context in which you're saying it and the potential affect it will have on the one you are saying it too and your relationship.

I'm struggling with this right now, particularly the fact that once someone doesn't respect me, or show some at least a form of it, I stoop so low as to not respect them in return. Why can't I be the bigger person about this? But then again, do I need to be?

I'm tired. I worry that it's going to get the best of me.

Powered By Blogger